Immigrate to Canada

Learn about the various ways you can make your way to Canada.

Canada's Immigration Programs

The Ministry of Citizenship, Immigration and Refugees, formerly called Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) is the official government department that oversees the arrival of immigrants, provides protection to refugees, and offers programs to help newcomers settle in Canada.

CIC's website is the place where you can learn about the different ways you can come to Canada.  It also includes a helpful tool called the Come to Canada Tool, which is a quiz that will take you about 10-15 minutes to complete.  By answering a few questions, you can find out what immigration programs you may be able to apply for.

Come to Canada tool (Click on "Check your eligibility")

One of the newer programs (introduced in 2015) is called Express Entry.  This is another way for some people to immigrate to Canada.

How Express Entry works (Step by step process)


Saskatchewan's Immigration Programs

The Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee Program (SINP) is another option for coming to Canada if you are interested in living and working in Saskatchewan.


When you need a job to come to Canada

Some immigration programs require you to first have a job offer before you can apply to come to Canada. is a well-known government job search website for Saskatchewan.


When you want help immigrating to Canada

Each person is responsible for his/her own immigration process.  No one else can help you with your immigration application without your written consent to IRCC (formerly CIC).  A representative is someone who provides advice, consultation, or guidance to you at any stage of the application process.  Unfortunately, the NWC is not able to act as your representative, and therefore, we are not able to help you with your immigration process aside from offering basic information and referrals to services that may help you.

Some people do choose to have a "representative" help them with their immigration.     You do not need to have a representative and a representative cannot get your application special attention or guarantee that it will be approved.  All the forms you will need are available to you free on CIC's website.

There are different types of representatives: Compensated (paid) and uncompensated (unpaid) representatives.

Some people choose to use a representative to help them with advice or to fill out their forms for them.  But again, it is important to remember that you are not required to use or hire a representative at any time or for any reason.  Since many representatives charge you for their services it is an option for you only if you want to use one.  An immigration consultant or lawyer can help you by advising you on a step by step basis or even completing the paperwork for you.  Learn more about using a representative.

In order to hire an Immigration Consultant to help you to immigrate to Saskatchewan, he or she must be both licenced by the Government of Saskatchewan and registered with  the Immigration Consultants of Canada Regulatory Council (ICCRC)

Download the  list of Immigration Consultants licensed to work in Saskatchewan. You will also find immigration consultants for Moose Jaw there.



How the NWC can (and cannot) help

Our office is here to provide you with the information you need and direct you to the authoritative sources to answer your inquiries.  However, we are unable to complete forms for you or advise you on any actions you should take in regards to immigration.

The NWC is an informational resource centre.  This information is provided as a basic guide to understanding Canada's immigration processes, which change from time to time.  Please use this resource as a guide only as it may be incomplete or outdated.  Links are provided to authoritative sources.  Please confirm the information with the proper bodies, organizations, etc.

Government of Saskatchewan Moose Jaw Multicultural Council Inc.